The Best Outdoor Lounge Chairs for Relaxing All Season Long
Stretch out in style on your patio or deck with these inviting best outdoor lounge chairs.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Boost your patio’s relaxation factor by adding the best outdoor lounge chair to relax in. Whether you’re looking to transform your space into an al fresco fantasy under a gazebo or for a budget patio perch, these chairs are sure to level up your outdoor space.
We considered aesthetics, comfort, durability and portability to find the best outdoor lounge chairs for your personal paradise. Plus, they’re bound to fit in with your existing deck furniture. Pair your new chairs with string lights, an outdoor rug and planters to turn your patio or deck into the hottest spot around.
Best Overall Outdoor Lounge Chair
Reisterstown Long Reclining Acacia Double Chaise
Leave it to Wayfair to design a luxe dual chaise wood lounger that deserves a place in your backyard. The Reisterstown has a unique cross-back design, chic slats and acacia hardwood frame that is surprisingly durable. The lovely double-wide lounger features wheels to make it easy to move, and it can be configured into numerous reclining angles, including fully flat. The chair comes with water-resistant cushions with piped edges for lavish comfort, but you still might want to pick up a cushion storage unit.
- Features wheels for portability
- Has fade-resistant cushions
- Can support up to 800 pounds
- Available in four colors
- On the pricier side
Best Budget Outdoor Lounge Chair
Ostrich Lounge Chaise
For you sun worshippers, this is the ultimate natural tanning bed. It features a face cradle that allows you to comfortably lay on your stomach. Slather on the sunscreen and cozy up in this lightweight lounger, which is made of quick-dry mesh. Its rust-resistant aluminum frame makes this piece of patio furniture easy to lift, and a carrying strap makes it easy to tote.
- Won’t break the bank
- Face cradle lets you lay flat
- Folds flat and easy to store
- Available in six colors/designs
- Only holds up to 250 pounds
Most Portable Outdoor Lounge Chair
Baldesi Outdoor Acacia Chaise Lounge
This breezy slatted acacia wood lounger comes pre-assembled, so it’ll have you relaxing in no time. Move this weather-resistant piece around your patio or backyard with its foldable design. Maintenance is a snap—just wipe it clean—and its weather resistance means you can leave it outside without worry.
- Lightweight and portable
- Features handles on the sides
- No assembly required
- Made of solid wood
- Cushion not included
Most Comfy Outdoor Lounge Chair
Breakwater Bay Bean Bag Chair & Lounger
This modern-style bean bag lounger will help you perfect the summer slouch. It’s no slouch in the style department, however—it looks more like a contemporary sculpture for your deck or dock. The tapered design keeps you supported while you kick back. Outside, the fabric is soft on your skin, but durable and resistant to weather, dirt, mildew and more. The cover is removable and machine washable.
- Filled with body-conforming eps beads
- Features a machine-washable cover
- Available in three colors
- Offers limited support
Best Reclining Outdoor Lounge Chair
Zipcode Design Outdoor Metal Chaise Lounge Set
For the minimalists, feast your eyes on this can’t-go-wrong, clean-lined mesh lounger set from Zipcode Design. Made of aluminum-tube framing with a black powder-coat finish and black polymesh seat, this lounger reclines in seven positions. Plus, you can easily clean this patio furniture with mild detergent and water. While it’s made with rust-resistant metal, make sure you store it in a covered spot for the off-season.
- Has seven recline options
- Comes in a set of two
- Minimal assembly required
- Made with low-maintenance materials
- Screws aren’t rust-resistant
- Only available in gray and black
Best Adirondack Outdoor Lounge Chair
Rowan Adirondack Chair
The Rowan Adirondack lounger from Frontgate is truly timeless. An iconic chair with a classic East Coast style, its homey and functional design ensures it’ll never be passé. Splurging a little will save you money in the long run, because this best outdoor lounge chair is built to age gracefully. Made of teak hardwood, this chair stands up to weather extremes and moisture, as will the stainless steel, rust-resistant hardware. Seal or oil every two to three months to retain and enhance its natural golden honey color.
- Iconic, timeless design
- Teak hardwood stands up to moisture
- Made with stainless steel hardware
- Frame has a 10-year structural warranty
Best Foldable Outdoor Lounge Chair
Antonetta Outdoor Acacia Chaise Lounge
This low-slung lounger feels as at-home at a Balinese resort as in your backyard. The cool, angular acacia frame is accented by a tufted, full-length cushion filled with weather-resistant foam for comfort. It folds up small enough to easily fit in your garage, basement or that random small space you’ve been looking to fill. All you have to do is choose between the white and green-striped color options. If you want to make your own, then here are a few ideas to DIY comfy outdoor chairs.
- Folds up and has a fastener strap
- Comes with full-length cushion
- No assembly required
- Holds up to 330 pounds
- Doesn’t fully recline
Best Zero-Gravity Outdoor Lounge Chair
Original Mesh Zero-Gravity Recliner
There’s good reason zero-gravity chairs top bestseller lists for outdoor furniture. Slide into this best outdoor lounge chair to enjoy feeling nearly weightless. Its mesh seat and backing are easy to clean, and the entire recliner is foldable for efficient storage. It also features an adjustable headrest that slides on an integrated classy rail. Just kick back, relax and enjoy your favorite cocktail.
- Reduces pressure on the joints
- Made with a durable aluminum frame
- Includes an adjustable headrest
- Easy to clean
- Only available in one color
Most Durable Outdoor Lounge Chair
Ameswood Outdoor Chaise Lounge Set with Table
Get the Mod Squad vibes with these sculptural plastic loungers. Lightweight and nearly indestructible, they’re resistant to water, rust, mildew and ultraviolet (UV) rays. You can pull them from your pool deck to shallow water for an aqua lounge experience, or place them around your fire pit. The set comes with a side table with a removable top that also functions as a tray to bring treats from the kitchen to your al fresco area.
- Made from all-weather resin
- Has a unique design
- Available in 19 color combinations
- Includes side table/tray
- Doesn’t recline
Most Stylish Outdoor Lounge Chair
Blu Dot Hot Mesh Lounge Chair
This mesh lounge chair by Blu Dot features a clean design and bolt graphic pattern. It’s constructed of powder-coated steel to withstand the outdoor elements. The stackable tubular frame keeps form crisp and the vibe easily breezy. Choose between nine standout colors, including watermelon and aqua, for a pop of fun to your outdoor space.
- Available in nine colors
- Plastic glides on feet to protect surface
- Stackable for easy storage
- No assembly required
- Cushion not included
What to Consider When Buying an Outdoor Lounge Chair
When deciding on the best outdoor lounge chair for your space, keep the following factors in mind:
- Size: Make sure your chair fits well in your space, and consider the person who might use it. Many zero-gravity chairs fit people of different builds, but those who are on the taller or shorter side should test chairs out to find one that’s comfortable for them.
- Durability: Since it will be exposed to the elements, it’s important to choose an outdoor lawn chair made from weather-resistant materials, such as metal, plastic or treated wood.
- Comfort: Look for a chair that has cozy cushions and is adjustable so you can find the perfect recline angle. Consider the size of the chair and make sure it’s suitable for your height and body type.
- Maintenance: Consider how easy the chair is to clean and maintain. Look for chairs that are quick to wipe down and that don’t require a lot of upkeep.
- Portability: If you plan to move the chair around frequently, choose a chair that is lightweight and easy to move.
Types of Outdoor Lounge Chairs
- Adirondack chair: This is a classic, reclined chair with wide armrests, tall slatted back and backward sloping seat. The Adirondack‘s reclined design offers good support for your back and bottom, making it excellent for lounging.
- Chaise lounge: This is a long, reclining chair with a backrest that can be adjusted to different angles for optimal comfort.
- Zero-gravity chair: This chair is designed to relieve pressure on the spine and reduce muscle tension. They recline back to a zero-gravity position that distributes your weight evenly across the chair.
- Bean bag chair: Made of soft, pliable materials and bead filling, this chair conforms to your body in a variety of positions—ideal for relaxing on a spring or summer afternoon.
How We Found the Best Outdoor Lounge Chairs
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
How much space do you need for an outdoor lounge chair?
As a general guideline, allow space of at least 3 feet in width and 6 feet in length for comfortable seating.
What kind of patio furniture is most durable?
One of the best materials for outdoor furniture is synthetic resin wicker. It’s low-maintenance, lightweight and highly durable. Mesh is breathable, helping avoid the sticky sensation you might feel on bare skin. Teak is the best wood for patio furniture hands down, as it lasts up to 50 years and produces its own water-repelling oil, keeping it from warping or cracking. Aluminum and injection molded plastic are also solid options to explore.
Shop smarter with our expert recommendations for tools, gear and money-saving deals on can’t miss DIY and home products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.