5 Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors
Keep calm and vacuum on—especially with these vacuums designed for your laminate floors.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
Your new laminate flooring may be an upgrade from that dusty old carpeting, but keeping the laminate looking clean and brand new can be a challenge.
The same vacuum used to clean carpet may not be up to the task of keeping laminate floors clean, or might even scratch and mar the floor’s finish. Don’t fret: We found the best vacuums for laminate floors.
The Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors
- Best Overall Vacuum for Laminate Floors: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro
- Best Budget Vacuum for Laminate Floors: Bissell Featherweight Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Cordless Vacuum for Laminate Floors: Bissell CrossWave Wet-Dry Vacuum and Mop
- Best Pet-Friendly Vacuum for Laminate Floors: Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors: RoboVac Vacuum Cleaner
Best Overall Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro
Our pick for the best overall vacuum for laminate flooring is the upright Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro. Besides the handy bare floor setting, the Shark Navigator has a beater brush with an on/off switch for easy transitions. This feature allows you to go from an area rug to your kitchen floors in a flash.
This vacuum also has onboard attachments for cleaning upholstery, stairs and other surfaces. And since you can separate the canister from the base, the Shark Navigator gets into those hard-to-reach areas. Pet hair and Cheerio crumbs are no match for this hungry Shark!
- Offers on/off beater brush
- Plenty of attachments
- 33,000 Amazon ratings and a 4.5-star average
- Some buyers noted the vacuum was “top-heavy”
Best Budget Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Bissell Featherweight Vacuum Cleaner
Keeping your laminate flooring looking clean and new doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. One of the best budget vacuums for laminate floors is the Bissell Featherweight Vacuum Cleaner, which goes hard on cleaning but not on your bank account. This under $35 lightweight vacuum is easy to maneuver around your furniture and stairs, plus it converts to a hand vacuum with a tool and nozzle for small crevices.
- Comes with a crevice tool
- Simple to empty
- Converts to a hand vacuum
- Some buyers said it struggles with heavy pet hair
Best Cordless Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Bissell CrossWave Wet-Dry Vacuum and Mop
With plenty of features to get your laminate floors shiny and crumb-free, the Bissell CrossWave Wet-Dry Vacuum and Mop is our pick for the best cordless model. Not only can it handle dust, food and hair, but it also safely mops up spills and sticky messes. Plus, it cleans itself in its three-in-one docking station.
And if you’re really into smart features, you’ll love the vacuum’s compatibility with the Bissell Connect App. If you utilize this app, you’ll be able to reorder needed accessories, tools and cleaning supplies and track your vacuum’s battery life. Who knew cleaning could get a whole lot easier?
- Has Wi-Fi to connect to the Bissell Connect App
- Has wet/dry capabilities
- Self-cleaning feature
- Lightweight at 11.5 lbs
- Must be constantly charged
Best Pet-Friendly Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum
If you have pets and struggle with getting pet fur up from your laminate floors, you’ll want to check out the Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum. This cordless model is one of the best vacuums for laminate floors as it has a fully-sealed filtration system and a hygienic bin-emptying design to eliminate potentially harmful particles. It has a battery life that lasts up to 30 minutes on a full charge and is easy to operate with just one hand.
- Powerful motor easily sucks up pet hair
- Air filtration system
- Hygienic bin design
- Can be used as a handheld vacuum
- Easy to operate
- Dust bin may require multiple empties during single-use
Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
RoboVac Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking to sit back and let technology get to work on cleaning your laminate floors, the RoboVac Vacuum Cleaner is our pick for the best robotic vacuum. It works on plenty of surfaces besides just laminate flooring, automatically increasing suction when needed so you don’t have to skip over tricky areas. Plus, it’s quiet and can be controlled by Alexa, Google Assistant or your smartphone. Now that’s easy cleaning!
- Offers hands-free cleaning
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Runs up to 100 minutes on a single charge
- 12-month warranty
- Thin body fits under most couches
- Must have the internet to work
- May need to purchase additional magnetic strips to set boundaries (13.2 feet included)
What to Consider When Buying a Vacuum for Laminate Flooring
Before buying a vacuum to clean your laminate flooring, you’ll want to consider a few things. First, think about how much you’re willing to spend since the price of vacuums varies widely. You’ll also want to consider how much area you’ll need to vacuum, ease of use/portability and need for special attachments. Determine if you’ll use your vacuum on a mix of flooring, such as laminate, carpeting, tile or hardwood—or if you need it for pet hair.
Types of Vacuums for Laminate Flooring
- Canister Vacuums: A canister vacuum with a floor brush is an excellent choice thanks to its power, versatility and portability.
- Upright Vacuums: An upright vacuum works best if you have a mix of both carpeted and bare floors.
- Stick Vacuums: A stick vacuum is a good option if you have a small area with bare floors like a kitchen or bathroom.
- Robot Vacuums: A robot vacuum allows you to sit back and relax while the vacuum does all the work. However, you will likely need to create barriers to prevent this vacuum from falling down stairs or going into areas where it’s not wanted.
How We Found the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors
As shopping experts, our only job is to help you find a winning product. We start with the research and reporting basics—what products are made of, what they look like and how much they cost—to ensure that we’re only recommending the buys that are worth your time and money. Then, we research the features that speak to the product’s quality, taking advice from industry insiders and subject-matter experts on what makes a product a smart value (or worthy of a splurge). Finally, we do the work of combing through user reviews to see how real people interact with the product, and if it stands up to the test.
What’s the best way to keep laminate flooring clean?
When it comes to keeping your laminate floors clean, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, never let stains sit, as this can cause permanent staining. Additionally, be sure to mop your floors often to keep them looking bright and fresh.
However, be sure not to use abrasive cleaners that could scratch the finish, and instead, look for products made specifically for laminate flooring. Finally, sweep or vacuum as needed to remove pet fur, crumbs and dirt that can easily build up.
What not to use on laminate floors?
Avoid using steel wool, along with acidic or abrasive cleaners when cleaning your laminate floors, as these can cause staining and scratching. Additionally, never allow liquids to stand on your laminate flooring, as this can also cause staining.
Shop smarter with our expert recommendations for tools, gear and money-saving deals on can’t miss DIY and home products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.