11 Best TV Stands for Small Spaces
Looking for a TV stand for a small space? We've found plenty of high-quality options to choose from.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
Maximizing compact rooms can be tricky. If you scooped up one of the best Black Friday deals on TVs, you probably need help finding the right TV stand for small spaces. You can take on a DIY TV stand project, scoure the best Wayfair Black Friday deals or just let us do the hard work. We chose the best TV stand for small space types of every kind based on durable materials, storage-friendly features and overall design. Even the smallest TV stand models offer shelving space that let you store gadgets that turn even older model televisions into smart TVs.
When choosing the best TV and the best TV stand for small space, it’s important to look at several facets like dimensions, product weight and weight capacity, ease of assembly and value. We sifting through thousands of options to save you time, looking at additional factors like the quality of the materials used and real shopper reviews were considered as well.
Can you put a bigger tv on a smaller stand?
Yes, choosing a slightly slimmer model TV stand for small space is one way to keep as much free floor space open while still accommodating a larger television. It’s important to make sure your unit can handle the weight capacity, though. Wall-mounted TVs can be far larger than the stands below them, though TVs relying on leg stands shouldn’t stretch more than six inches beyond the stand’s base.
Where is the best place to buy a tv stand?
Some of the best TV stands for small spaces can be purchased at bargain rates during Walmart Black Friday deals. Popular furniture stores, DIY centers and Amazon Black Friday are all excellent sources of compact TV stand options as well.
How should I decorate and style a tv stand?
This partially depends on if you choose a wall-mounted TV stand for small space, or a leg-mounted option. Choosing the former frees up more storage space and leaves you with plenty of room for accessories depending on how high you hang your TV. Proudly display a cable box and other tech gear to keep them in sight, or tuck them nearly into included shelves. Televisions mounted on legs require the majority of a TV stand’s surface space, so you’ll want to choose an open with plenty of built-in storage to keep your living room tidy.
The best TV stand for small space by category:
- Best overall: Convenience Concepts Big Sur TV Stand
- Best budget-friendly: Furinno Turn-N-Tube TV Stand
- Best splurge: Pottery Barn Benchwright Media Console
- Best with wall mount: Whalen Payton Three-in-One TV Stand
- Best corner TV stand for small space: George Oliver Glenn Corner TV Stand
- Best with fireplace: Euripides TV stand
- Best farmhouse: Carterton TV Stand
- Best modern: Mercury Row Almanzar TV Stand
- Best mid-century modern: West Elm Mid-Century Narrow Media Console
- Best shallow footprint: Live Edge Walnut Console Table
- Best floating system: Martin Furniture Shallow Floating TV Console
Convenience Concepts Big Sur TV Stand
One of the best all-around TV stands for small homes is the Convenience Concepts Big Sur TV stand, which can hold TVs up to 40 inches. This compact piece is our favorite TV stand for small space. At just 36 inches wide, features two glass-front doors as well as an open shelf, both with cable management cutouts. It also comes in several colors to match any decor.
- Versatile piece works in room configurations of all types
- Offers clever closed-door storage that helps spaces stay tidy
- Available in several colors and finishes
- Affordable price point
- Over 1,300 Amazon ratings with a nearly-perfect 4.6-star average
- Requires some assembly
- Won’t hold extra large screen televisions
Furinno Turn-N-Tube TV Stand
If you don’t mind its utilitarian appearance, the Furinno Turn-N-Tube TV Stand is extremely budget-friendly and small enough to fit into any space. It can support TVs up to 32 inches, and has two open shelves for media consoles and other devices.
- Under $50 makes it the most affordable TV stand for small spaces on our list
- Available in six neutral finishes
- Quick assembly
- Storage shelves to house cable boxes, speakers and other equipment
- No hidden storage
Best splurge TV stand for small spaces
Benchwright Media Console
The Benchwright Media Console is a beautiful, well-crafted piece of furniture that you’ll use for many years. This solid wood piece is just 42 inches wide. It features two tempered glass cabinet doors, as well as an upper drawer and industrial-style metal hardware. The console comes in three finishes with cutouts in the back for cord organization.
- Made of rich, high-quality poplar wood that is designed to stand the test of time
- Comes in four finishes
- High end touches like industrial metals and etched cut-outs
- 42-inches wide means it’s ideal for apartments and tight spaces, but can still hold a medium-to large TV
- Behind each glass door is a shelf that can adjust to different heights.
- Adjustable levelers
- May take several weeks to ship
Best with wall mount
Whalen Payton Three-in-One TV Stand
If you don’t want your TV resting on top of a console, the Whalen Payton Three-in-One TV Stand includes an integrated TV mount that can hold up to a 65-inch TV. The mount can swivel 45 degrees, allowing you to rotate your TV as needed. The unit has two open shelves for media devices and other storage.
- Built-in mount sets it apart from countertop-style TV stands
- Modern design
- Affordable price point
- Allows TV to swivel
- Can fit televisions up to 65-inches
- Two open shelves for easy access
- Only available in two finishes
- Some assembly required
Best corner TV stand for small space
Glenn Corner TV Stand
You can display your TV in an unused corner with the George Oliver Glenn Corner TV Stand, which can support TVs up to 55 inches. Its clever shape fits perfectly into corners. The enclosed cabinet and open shelves maximizes storage space in your small home. It’s also available in three tones that excude mid-century modern elegance and sophistication.
- Neatly fits in corners to maximize space
- Fits TVs up to 55 inches
- Available in three colors
- Closed cabinet design
- Moderate price point
- Intermediate level assembly skills required (and you may need the help of a friend)
Best with fireplace
Euripides TV Stand
The Euripides TV stand will make any living room feel cozy with its built-in electric fireplace. This corner-style TV stand with two glass-front cabinets and an open shelf can hold TVs up to 50 inches. The LED fireplace delivers a welcoming ambiance. You can choose whether you want it to give off heat or not. It also comes in seven classic, modern and neutral tones.
- Features a built-in fireplace that can be used for ambiance, heat or both
- Compact size can house TVs up to 50-inches
- Neatly tucks into corners
- Closed storage space
- Available in seven wood tones
- The heat can be turned on or off, but cannot be adjusted
Carterton TV Stand
For a small farmhouse-style home, the Carterton TV Stand will fit in well thanks to its barn door-inspired cabinet door and open shelving. This piece of furniture comes in a variety of wood finishes with black metal accents. It can hold TVs up to 50 inches, and has adjustable shelves as well as cord cutouts for easy organization.
- Rustic farmhouse design with modern touches
- Sturdy black metal accents
- Holds TVs up to 50-inches
- Three wood-look finish options
- Affordable price point
- Barn-style door and added open storage
- Limited closed storage means this piece is best for homes without much clutter
Larkie TV Stand
The sleek design of the Larkie TV Stand would mesh perfectly with a modern aesthetic. The stand, which can hold TVs up to 43 inches, has a cube-shaped design with two open cubbies, supported by metal legs. It’s available in three finishes. Its compact 39-1/2-inch frame will fit perfectly into small living spaces.
- Sharp modern design
- Clean lines
- Open storage can be used as-is or with added baskets
- Three available wood-look finishes
- Affordable price point
- Requires about an hour of assembly
- Best for small and medium TVs
Best mid-century modern
West Elm Narrow Media Console
As its name suggests, the West Elm Mid-Century Narrow Media Console has a skinny design that’s ideal for small spaces. This piece can support TVs up to 48 inches, and its natural wood finish and tapered legs give it a distinctly mid-century modern aesthetic. The high-end console has two sliding doors with adjustable shelving inside, allowing you to tuck away media players and other accessories.
- Mid-century modern design that has stood the test of time
- Narrow footprint
- Supports TVs up to 48 inches
- Wood finish
- Two sliding doors
- Pricier than most other models on our list, but is worth the investment
Best shallow footprint
Artisan Born Creations Live Edge Walnut Console Table
For a narrow TV stand, consider the handmade Live Edge Walnut Console Table, which is typically between 10 and 14 inches wide. Because it’s a handcrafted piece you can choose from several lengths, starting as small as 24 inches, and you can select hairpin or U-shaped metal legs. The tabletop is made from a rustic slab of walnut wood with a one-of-a-kind natural edge that makes it the perfect cabin-ready TV stand for small space.
- Extra narrow 10 to 14-inch width suits tight living spaces
- Made of natural wood
- Customizable legs
- Shoppers can choose their length, which means this piece an accommodate TVs of most sizes
- No storage space, though you can add baskets below
Best floating system
Martin Furniture Shallow Floating TV Console
If you’re simply looking for a console to house your gaming and media systems, the Martin Furniture Shallow Floating TV Console is a space-saving option. It mounts to the wall, creating a contemporary floating design, and can support up to 120 pounds when properly mounted into wall studs. That makes it a great TV stand for small space, and a fun option for those with extra gadgets. It’s also available in seven modern shades, and offers plenty of space for things like cable boxes and video game consoles.
- Floating design mounts directly to the wall
- Holds up to 120 pounds
- Available in either 48 or 60-inch sizes that can handle even larger-format TVs
- Choose from seven modern tones
- Open-design shelving compartments for cable boxes, video game consoles and other gear
- Requires careful installation into studs for support
Shop smarter with our expert recommendations for tools, gear and money-saving deals on can’t miss DIY and home products. Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.