DIY Upgraded Storage Jars
Updated: Mar. 20, 2019
Gussy up those plain old storage jars with fun paint and pretty knobs.
Use these upgraded storage jars to easily store cotton balls in a bathroom or stash craft supplies in a studio.
You might also like: TBD
Twists of Charm
We love these recycled food jars turned pretty storage jars with glass knob tops. And it’s a great way to up-cycle something that would have gone in the trash! Plus, check out these other glass jar recycling projects!
What You’ll Need for This Project:
- Acrylic paint
- Foam brushes
- Multipurpose sealer
- Mason jars or old food jars
- Drill and bit
- Assortment of knobs with metal screw bases
1. Paint jar lids, applying 2-3 light coats. When dry, apply sealer with a foam brush.
2. Drill through the middle of each jar lid with a drill bit. Screw knobs into place.
3. Store all assortments of child’s toys and supplies in these pretty jars!
Tip: Paint the sides first, then hold the lid with you thumb and index finger to keep your hands clean!
Photo: Courtesy of Country Woman
Once you are done with this project, you could still probably use some more storage in at least one room of your home. Before you head out to buy some new storage solution, look at what you already have. Here are 13 incredible repurposed storage systems to inspire you.
Produced and photographer by Kristi and Kelli and Lollyjane.com
This story originally appeared in Country Woman Magazine.
Originally Published: April 10, 2018